If you are a lawyer in Lauderdale County, there are a couple of judicial openings. The Circuit Court has an opening due to the untimely death of Judge Justin Cobb, and County Court Judge Frank Coleman has submitted his resignation to retire. Judge Coleman has served as a County Court Judge for more than 30 years. Thank you for your service Judge Coleman.
By my count, there are at least three judicial openings. Governor Bryant’s Judicial Appointment Committee is rather busy these days.
2017 Judicial Resignation/Replacement Tracker:
- Circuit Judge Vernon Cotten – 8th Circuit District – Judge Mark Duncan
- County Judge John Price – Warren County – Resignation withdrawn
- County Judge Gaylon Harper – Jones County – Replacement: Yet to be named
- Justice Jess Dickinson – Southern District Supreme Court – David Ishee
- Judge David Ishee – Court of Appeals – Replacement: Yet to be named
- Judge Justin Cobb – 10th Circuit Court District – Replacement: Yet to be named
- Judge Frank Coleman – Lauderdale County Court Judge – Replacement: Yet to be named