In the last post, I talked about the consolidation of Rules. Specifically, I said the Mississippi Rules of Court should include the following:
1. Uniform Rules of Circuit and County Court Practice;
2. Uniform Chancery Court Rules;
3. Uniform Rules of Procedure for Justice Court;
4. Uniform Rules of Youth Court Practice;
5. Court Annexed Mediation Rules for Civil Litigation; and
6. Rules for Electronic and Photographic Coverage of Judicial Proceedings.
The table of contents of the Rules of Court would look like this:
1. Court Proceedings – General
4. Circuit and County – Civil
5. Circuit and County – Criminal [depends on the MRCrP]
6. Justice Court
7. Youth Court
8. Electronic and Photographic Coverage
These Rules would be organized to remove the duplicate and unnecessary Rules and leave important Rules.